Monday, October 23, 2006

Creative Business

A follow up to 'Women in Business': Creativity update

The creativity is explosive now! NOW I am NOT told by an employer, " sorry maybe in next year's funding round". As an employee this was stifling and brought about a range of feelings that marked the end of 'it's a no go' patterns as a worker. I also feared losing sight of my own 'inner management judgement' of 'when I hear a good idea what would I do with it?' Instead I'd be be left with wondering was I banging my head against a brick wall? Or worse still .. "Ah well just leave all the creative stuff and work like a trooper that should create some satisfaction".

By allowing myself the chance to do something about this and not betray that inner voice, I was free to take up the challenge. Being a woman in Business has given me the chance to bring my creativity to the threshold of experience. To ask pertinent questions to research my own answers, to keep on knocking at the doors of opportunity. I am my own 'limitator' and have direct control over the what ,where, how and when, of anything I produce. I work my own hours and write my own script! let me say that again.

I work my own hours and write my own script.

This is crucial for how and where I feel happiest from day to day. If there has been anything that has made me get up in the morning and stay up till late at night with JOY, then it has to be the wonderful feeling I am left with inside, of being at the helm of my own ship. I am energised and alive, not killing myself either, but more awake and 'tuned in'. Yes LISTENING to that little voice that dared to get louder and louder until it said, " HEY! start up your OWN business!"

For women out there that are needing that little push or great big shove, from inside out, my advice would be - listen, tune in and act!

Motivation, deliberation, satisfaction and self achievement is a wonderful thing to have, but you have to want this first. Working out how to get there and when to get there is another thing. For me it was the day I said the following :

"Yes ok I'm listening"

The back burner? Been there, done that and have a few burned-on dreams that need a good old cleaning off to boot.

Wishing you luck, with ' tuning in and going for it'.

Tish -
Patricia Mata
copyright 2006

No comments:

Powered By Blogger